Schezwan noodles Recipe that’s super easy to make and absolutely spicy and delicious. If you have been a fan of Schezwan chicken noodles in restaurants and wondered how to make Schezwan sauce. Here’s the recipe. You can use this step by step easy Schezwan sauce recipe to make Schezwan fried rice, noodles, chicken and many more.
- Schezwan meaning
- Schezwan Chicken Noodles Recipe
- Nutrition Facts
Schezwan comes from the word Sichuan, It is a large province in the southwestern part of China that is best known worldwide for its deliciously spicy cuisine.The dishes of Sichuan cuisine use Sichuan pepper giving that deep and rich flavors, and it is so hot that the heat causes numbing feeling in the mouth.
The Schezwan sauce is super easy to make. This recipe shows you how to make Schezwan sauce and how to use Schezwan sauce to make Schezwan chicken Noodels. You can make this recipe with store bought Schezwan sauce as well.
FAQ’S on Schezwan Noodles Recipe
What are schezwan Noodles?
Szechwan or Szechuan or sometimes Sichuan are typically referring to the Chinese style of cooking, that is hot, spicy and red! Schezwan Noodles is the noodles made with that spicy Szechwan sauce. Schezwan Sauce is also mostly used to make Chinese dishes like Schezwan chicken Fried Rice, Chicken Schezwan manchurian and Schezwan Fried Rice, etc.
What is the diference between Hakka noodles and Schezwan Noodles?
Hakka Noodles and Schezwan Noodles are quite similar chinese dishes despite the fact that Schezwan noodles are more spicer and made with Sichuan pepper, garlics and chilies.
What is Schezwan Noodles made of?
Schezwan Noodles is made of Noodles, Schezwan sauce and veggies/chicken/egg etc in a Chinese style.
How many calories are in Schezwan Noodles?
For schezwan sauce:
- 5 dry kashmiri red chilli
- 5 Red chilli
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1+1/2 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
For Chicken marinate:
- 250g chicken breast
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1/2 pack noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsl ginger garlic finely chopped.
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 egg
- Marinate the chicken will all the ingredients mentioned above to marinate. Fry it in a pan with little oil and keep it aside.
2. Make schezwan sauce, Boil the red chillis in 1/4 cup of water. Grind the boiled chillis with garlic and clove. In a bowl, Add the mixture, tomato sauce, soya sauce and vinehar amd mix well. ( To preserve the sauce for later use, boil this mixture)
3. Cook noodles according to the package instructions.
4. In a pan, Add oil and saute onion till it gets translucent. Add bell pepper, carrot and fry for 2 minutes. Add shezwan sauce and fry for 1 – 2 minutes. Add chicken and mix well. Then Add noodles.
5. In a bowl, beat the egg and pour it on top of the noodles and scramble it. Garnish with spring onions and coriander leaves and Serve hot.
- You can made the sauce ahead of time, schezwan sauce can be stored in the fridge for about 2 to 3 weeks in an airtight container preferably glass.
- schezwan sauce can be served with snacks or you can also add it into fried rice recipes, chicken manchuri or paneer manchuri etc.
If you try this recipe out, please hashtag your photos with #passionlogfood and tag us with @passionlog_food on instagram. We love seeing your takes on our recipes!