This pandemic has taught us a lot of things which otherwise we would have never even bothered to give a try!
We have gone from cutting our own hair to baking our own bread, from doing our own laundry to fixing the faulty electric switches ourselves, trying to minimize our exposure to the outside world.
Grooming your face is the one thing among the many other things that you have to deal with during this period. Not being able to go to a beauty salon might have made lots of us go crazy.
Do not worry! Tamed eyebrows and moustache less smooth face can be achieved from the comfort of your home. We have put together the best ways and everything you need to know to remove facial hair at home.
How To Shape Your Eyebrows At Home
These are the steps to attain beautifully groomed eyebrows at home:
In simple words, All you have to do is,
STEP 1: Brush your eyebrows neatly with an eyebrow brush and then use an eyebrow pencil to outline the shape you require.
STEP 2: Use a tweezer to remove the excess hairs around the eyebrows.
STEP 3: Brush your eyebrows upwards, use a scissor to trim the eyebrow.
STEP 4: Finally remove unwanted hairs around the eyebrows with an eyebrow razor(optional).
Well, if you are planning to follow these steps, let’s get into the details and show you exactly how to shape your eyebrows perfectly at home by yourself like a pro!
Find the shape of the eyebrow you want to achieve
Eyebrow shape trend keeps changing with time, while the thin barely noticeable line for eyebrows was everyone’s choice has now gone to more natural-looking thicker yet shaped eyebrows.
- To find the placement of your brow, Place a pencil vertically right at the bridge of the nose to determine the starting point.
- For the arch placement, go from the outer edge of the nostrils to the outer edge of the pupil.
- To find the tail, go from the outer edge of the nostril to the outer edge of the eye, this will show you where the brow should end.
- Place the pencil horizontally on the brow bone to find the beginning of the eyebrows in the bottom to make them even.
Find the right shape you want to go for, have a picture open if you want to use it as a guide.
How to shape your eyebrows with a pencil:
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Use a eyebrow brush to brush it upwards from the start of your eyebrow and and neatly outwards to the arch and the outer edge.
- Take a eyebrow pencil dark enough to draw the shape you want to achieve.
- Draw the lower line of your eyebrows to the end.
- Remember the arch while drawing the upper line
- Make both lines meet at the edge and keep it sharp.
NYX Cosmetics Micro Brow Pencil
Buy on Amazon
Maybelline defining eyebrow pencil
Buy on Amazon
Now that you have the eyebrow shape is ready, It gets easy from here!
How to pluck eyebrows to a perfect arc
There are lots of questions on how to shape eyebrows with tweezers, from where to start tweezing the eyebrows? Will I end up removing the hairs from the eyebrows that I want? That’s when the outline you drew with the eyebrow pencil comes handy to pluck eyebrows to a perfect arc.
Follow these simple steps to groom your eyebrows with a tweezer at home:
- Sanitize the tweezer : Wash with a antibacterial soap and hot water or clean it with a alcohol swab.
- Follow the shape you have drawn, starting from the bottom line of your eyebrows.
- Hold the skin taut and tweeze the excess hairs below the line to the edge.
- Once your done with lower side, brush your eyebrows down wards.
- Tweeze the excess hair above the line.
- Place your index finger on the bridge of the nose to estimate the gap between the eyebrows and tweeze the hair in between the two eyebrows.
Tweezer Guru Professional Slant Tip Tweezers $14.97
Buy on Amazon
Sawyer Precision Eyebrow Tweezer $9.45
Buy on Amazon
Tweezer has got its job done! Now its time to trim any excess hair. There’s not a lot of hair to trim, too much of trimming can make eyebrows look empty.
How to trim your Eyebrows with scissors
- Sanitize the scissors .
- Brush your hair upwards with eyebrow brush.
- Trim the excess hair on the top at the beginning of the eyebrow
- Trim just the once that are oddly uneven.
How to use eyebrow razors
Dermaplaning Tool/Eyebrow Razor is a cheap efficient way to shape your eyebrows. These are easy to use and painless. This help removes the smallest of hairs along with exfoliation. These will give you a clean eyebrow look.
We have almost groomed the eyebrows enough, if you have sensitive skin and are afraid this will cause irritation, you can skip this step. This step is optional.
We have found the best way to shave face without irritations for sensitive skin, so you can use the razor without worries.
Follow these simple steps to shape your eyebrows at home with eyebrow razor:
- Sanitize the tool: wash with a antibacterial soap and hot water.
- Brush your eyebrows neatly.
- Hold the tool at a 45 degree angle, make small strokes above and between the eyebrows holding the skin taut.
- Wash your face with cold water and use a toner, serum(optional) and moisturizer.
- Avoid makeup for the day, Sterilize the blade after use.
It’s important to properly cleanse your face before using the razor as you will be opening up your pores in the process for exfoliating, there are chances of breaking out if not properly cleaned.
These are few of the eyebrow razors you can compare that can be found of Amazon which gets the job done easily.
Schick Silk Touch-Up
|4.5/5 of 17,137 Ratings|
|Tinkle Eyebrow Razor
|4.6/5 of 14,090 Ratings|
|Nylea Eyebrow Razor
|4.3/5 of 1,991 Ratings|
|4.4/5 of 595 Ratings|
You can also use other electronic trimmers to shape your eyebrows the way you want it. Here is an “Ultimate guide to buy Ladies Facial hair removal trimmer”
How to obtain halal eyebrows without plucking
Islam prohibits plucking of eyebrows. There are other halal/permitted ways to keep your eyebrows groomed. We can shape our eyebrows in a halal way using bleaching cream.
Also, tweezing or plucking the eyebrows can damage the skin around your eyes. Hyperpigmentation and ingrown hairs can also be caused. The eyelid skin is different than the rest of the skin on the face and body. It’s very likely to be damaged easily. This is why some people who over-tweezed their brows in their youth end up with sparse eyebrows. Also, this a painless method to remove facial hair at home.
Follow these steps to have tamed eyebrows in a halal way.
- Follow STEP 1 to prep your eyebrows.
- Apply the bleach cream around the area you shaped
- Wait for the amount of time as described on the box.
- Wipe off the bleach with a damp cloth or tissue.
- Do not use face wash for the day, wash your face with plain water.
Jolen Creme Bleach Formula
Buy on Amazon
Refectocil Eyebrows Bleaching Paste
Buy on Amazon
How to remove upperlip hair at home
Upper lip hair can be pretty annoying and if you are wondering on how to remove the upper lip hair. They are many ways to get rid of the upper lip hair. We will list a few of the best ways to remove upper lip hair efficiently keeping in mind the duration and effectiveness of the results.
Remove upper lip hair with face wax strips
Strip wax for face is easy to use. By trial and error methods, wax strips seem to be the best option among the other waxing options for the upper lip hair. You will notice a slight discomfort, as waxing pulls the hair from the roots but it’s not extremely painful.
The upper lip will be hair-free for a month or more depending on your hair growth.
Follow these steps to remove upper lip hair with wax strips:
- Remove any Makeup and cleanse your face.
- Apply a toner
- Cut the strip to the exact size you want it to be.
- Rub them between your palm to heat the wax and peel the strips apart.
- Place the wax strip on your upperlip, gently run your fingers over it, to make it adhere to the hairs.
- Pull it against the hair growth.
- Wipe of the residues with the sheets provided or use cleansing oil.
- Apply aloe vera gel or moisturizers and calming products like a sleeping mask or so the day you wax to relax the area you waxed.
Note: Avoid applying make up at least for a day after waxing your upper lip.
Get rid of upper lip hair with face bleaching cream
If you cannot tolerate the pain of waxing your upper lips, bleaching is a painless and best upper lip hair removal method. Especially, because the upper lip hairs are so fine, once you bleach them, you won’t be able to notice them yourself. Also, if you hate to feel the hairs that grow back on the upper lip after waxing, plucking, shaving or threading, this is the best option for you.
The upper lip hairs will stay in disguise for about 3 to 4 weeks.
Follow these steps to bleach upper lip hair with face bleaching cream:
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Mix 2 parts of cream to 1 part accelerator/powder.
- Apply it on your upper lips and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Wipe off with a damp cloth or tissue.
- Wash with cold water and avoid makeup and cleansers for the day.
Note: Wipe a small area off and check if the hairs have lightened. If not, let it sit for a few more minutes. If the hairs have not lightened enough, repeat the process the next day to avoid irritation and skin burn.
I have used golden cream bleach for years and has worked great for me. The results last for more than a month.
These are few of the effective ways to remove facial hair at home instantly. You can also try natural remedies to lighten and get rid of your facial hair, may it be upper lip hair, sideburns or peach fuzz. Natural remedies will take time to show results and are not instant, so alongside these methods you can use the natural remedies for long term results.
Remove Facial hair at home permanently
At home, Laser/IPL hair removal method is ideal for facial hair removal. The areas to treat on the face are smaller in compariaon to other parts of the body and unlike legs, the areas on your face are accessible by yourself without anyone’s help. It will take less time per session with regard to other parts of your body.
The upper lip hairs, sideburns can be permanently removed by laser. You will start seeing results after about 3-5 months.
Clear steps on How to use IPL or At-home laser for facial hair removal is explained in detail on our earlier post “11 Effective Ways To Get Rid Of Facial Hair For Women“
Are you ready to try these facial hair removal methods at home? Still scared to use the tool, you can try natural remedies for facial hair removal with readily available ingredients at home.