Do you love sweet, piping hot, Burger King French Toast Sticks with the nice golden color and crisp edges? Well, today is your lucky day because I’m gonna show you how to make them.
My morning bliss is a hot cup of black coffee and some fresh french toast sticks. I tell you, there is nothing better than that. It is so so good you have to make them now!!! Do not wait. Moreover, They are not only perfect for breakfast but ideal for brunch and snacks too.
Oh my God, I can never stop eating these. They are so easy to make at home as well, they are incredibly delicious and I’m sure you are gonna love the homemade ones also. On that note, Did you try our Copycat Burger king onion rings recipe? They are wonderful!!! Do check them.
Okay, back to the topic, the method to make the burger king French toast sticks is pretty straightforward. We are gonna use the classic french toast recipe with few simple changes. All you need, is a frying pan, a burner, and a couple of ingredients to get the french toast sticks on the plate.
Believe me or not, this recipe is incredibly easy to make, this copycat burger king french toast sticks recipe uses Texas bread, eggs, milk, cinnamon sugar, and little butter or oil. It might not be 100 percent authentic, but it will taste pretty close to the original.
What’s the best kind of bread to use?
This recipe works great with any type of bread with thick slices (1 inch approx) . If you don’t find the thick-sliced bread you can always buy an unsliced bread loaf and slice it later. That way you will have control over the thickness of bread slices because the right thickness of bread slice will make french toast sticks look a lot fancier.
Are Burger King french toast sticks fried?
Yes, Burger King french toast sticks are deep-fried. Once the french toast sticks are dipped in custard and coated with bread crumbs, they are quickly fried for the first time at 2040 C / 4000 F. Then they are kept in the freezer at -120 C / 100 F. Once they are frozen, they are shipped to restaurants. At the restaurants, they are fried again and served to the customers.
Can you fry frozen french toast sticks?
French toast sticks can be frozen when they are cooked and cooled completely. Once cooked and cooled, transfer them into a zip lock bag (make sure to place small pieces of parchment papers in between the french toast so that they don’t stick together when frozen.
How to Reheat?
Remove them any time from the freezer and re-heat in the preheated oven for around 10 minutes.
Or simply, preheat the frying pan, slightly grease it with oil or butter and place the french toast sticks. Heat it for around 3 minutes on each side.
How To Make Burger King French Toast Sticks
Start off by making the custard to dip the french toast sticks in.
In a bowl, add half a cup of milk, 1 egg, 2 tsp of sugar, 2-3 drops of vanilla, and whisk them well.
The next step is to prepare the crust for the french toast sticks which will really add that Burger King Touch to this recipe. You can follow one of two ways:
In the grinding jar/smoothie maker add a cup of corn flakes, 2 tbsp. sugar 1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder, a pinch of salt run it in a blender until coarse.
In a bowl, mix the 1/2 cup bread crumbs with 2 tbsp. powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder along with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
Cut the brown crust of the bread slice and further cut each slice into 3 strips.
Now, Place the custard, crumbs and sliced bread sticks next to each other.
Roll the bread strips in the custard and allow it to soak up the custard, for about 8-10 seconds. Do not over soak them because we do not want them to become soggy.
Carefully lift the soaked bread strips one at a time and place them on the sweet bread crumbs and coat them completely.
Optional Step: Place them in the freezer for at least an hour so that they get firm. Now dip the sticks in custard again and coat with another layer of crumbs and fry immediately.
Frying the French toast sticks can be done in one of the 3 ways ( I pan fried them):
- Preheat the pan on medium flame, add 1 tbsp. butter and place the french toast sticks on the frying pan. Allow the french toast sticks to fry on medium-low flame for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
2. In the skillet pan, heat oil on medium high flame. Working in batches, fry the french toast sticks for about 3 minutes, flip and fry on the second side until golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain the oil.
Note: Do not over crowd the pan.
3. Preheat the oven at 3500 F. Line the baking tray with parchment paper, place the sticks and position the tray on the middle rack of the oven. Brush the sticks lightly with butter. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve hot with maple syrup or whipped cream.
Is French toast stick meant to be crispy?
Ideal french toast sticks are meant to be crispy outside and creamy inside. Soaking the french toast sticks in custard makes it very creamy and coating it with crumbs make it extra crispy.
Burger King French Toast Sticks recipe (Copy Cat)
- In a bowl/deep plate, add half a cup of milk, 1 egg, 2 tsp of sugar, 2-3 drops of vanilla, and whisk well.
- Prepare the crust for the french toast sticks. In the grinding jar/smoothie maker add a cup of corn flakes, 2 tbsp. sugar 1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder, a pinch of salt run it in a blender until coarse. Set aside.
- Cut the brown crust of the bread slice and further cut each slice of bread into 3 strips.
- Now, Place the custard, crumbs and sliced bread sticks next to each other
- Place the bread strips in the custard and allow it to soak up the custard, for about 8-10 seconds or until the custard is reached to the center of the bread. Do not over soak.
- Carefully lift the soaked bread strips one at a time and place them on the sweet crumbs and coat them completely
- Optional Step: Place them in the freezer for at least an hour so that they become firm. Now dip the sticks in custard again and coat with another layer of crumbs and fry directly.
Preheat the pan on medium flame, add 1 tbsp. butter and place the french toast sticks on the frying pan. Allow the french toast sticks to fry on medium-low flame for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or whipped cream