Chicken spring rolls is one of the popular Iftar special snack in Malabar. Similar to Chinese chicken spring rolls, this role is small enough to enjoy in 4 bites. Only the filling for these spring rolls are made with Indian spices. It was my favourite iftar snack. Hope you all enjoy having this yummy and crispy snack!
- Boneless chicken – 250 gm
- Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Maida/flour – 2 cups
- Egg – 4
- Onion Chopped – 1
- Ginger & Garlic paste – 1
- Green chilies crushed – 2
- Garam masala: 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 small bowl
- Salt as required
- Breadcrumbs as needed
- In a pan add the chicken(cut into cubes), chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and little water. Cover the lid and cook the chicken about 20 – 25 min. Shred the chicken when it is completely cooled. Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and once it is heated add ginger & garlic paste, chopped onion. Wait till it is gloden brown. Now add greenchillies crushed, garam masala, pepper powder and salt as required. Saute well.
- Add the shreded chicken pieces to the same pan. Mix well and saute for 5 minutes. Once everthing is dry, switch off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves. Filling is ready.
- In a bowl mix maida/all purpose flour with 2 eggs and salt as required. Add enough water slowly to make it into a free flowing batter.
- Heat tawa in a low flame and pour some batter and spread into a thin pancake. Make sure it is just cooked. Repeat the same with the rest of the batter.
- Place each pancake on a work surface and put the filling towards side and roll it foldling the sides in half way through. Repeat the same with the rest of the pancakes.
- Dip each roll in beaten eggs and roll it in breadcrumbs. Deep fry in hot oil
- Serve hot chicken spring roll and enjoy having this yummy special iftar snack.