This Chicken Spring roll recipe is made with chicken and vegetables, are super easy to make and tastes delicious. The filling doesn’t even require cooking. This is a quick recipe, that you can make in a short time, comes handy during Ramadan for last-minute plans.
Just like nuggets or kababs, the filling cooks while you deep fry or bake the spring roll, so you do not need to cook the filling.
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 1 hand full coriander leaves
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1-inch ginger
- 2 tsp chicken masala
- 2 tsp kabab masala
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp lemon Juice
- 2 cup cabbage (preferably purple)
- 1 cup carrots
- In a food processor, add chicken breast pieces and rest of the ingredients except for carrot and cabbage. (If using a grinder, grind with pulse)
- Chop carrot and cabbage.
- (optional) Saute carrot and cabbage in a tsp of oil for extra taste.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken mixture, cabbage and carrot.
- Fill the spring roll sheets with the filling, deep fry them or bake them at 200°c for 20 – 25 minutes lightly brushed with olive oil (filp in between).
These spring rolls taste great even when baked, making them healthier without compromising the taste.