What to do with leftover chicken? Make these small sized delicious croquettes filled with creamy chicken!
These chicken croquettes are crispy on outside and creamy and flavorful on inside. Follow the recipe below and try this yummy and tasty croquettes as your iftar dish.
- 3 tbsp Butter – 3 tbsp
- Ginger & garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- White onion – 1/4 cup
- Green chilly – 2
- All purpose flour – 3 tbsp
- Milk, room temperature – 1 cup
- Chicken (use leftovers) – 200 gms
- Potato smashed – 2
- Egg – 3
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Vegetable oil
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Pepper – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves as required
1. To a saucepan add boneless chicken pieces, 1 tbsp pepper powder, 1/2 tbsp salt and 1 cup water. Cook the chicken about 20-25 min.
2. Once it’s cooked seperate chicken and chicken stock water. Shred the chicken into small pieces. Keep it aside.
3. Keep a saucepan in low flame, add butter and wait for 1 min. Once butter melted add ginger & garlic paste, onion chopped and green chilly. Saute until golden brown.
4. To the sauted onion add 3 tbsp of all purpose flour and stir slowly on low flame for 3-4 min till the flour gets cooked.
5. Add 1 cup milk and whisk gradually on low flame till it gives creamy sauce.
6. To the creamy sauce add 1 tbsp pepper powder and 1/2 tbsp salt. Mix well. To the mixed sauce add chicken stock water and whisk slowly till it hardened.
7. Now add shreded chicken pieces and smashed potatoes. Mix well in low flame for about 4 – 5 min. Off the stove.
8. Add coriander leaves and all together mix well. Your creamy filling is ready. Rest for 1 hour at room temperature.
9. Once filling is set, grease the palms and roll it. Dip each croquettes into beated egg and coat with bread crumbs. Ready to fry.
10. Now your yummy and crispy chicken croquettes is ready. Serve and enjoy.