China grass fruit cake is a delicious refreshing dessert with sweetness of lychee, creamy coconut, tangy pineapple and loaded with fresh fruits. Look at it! isn’t it a dessert to impress? so buckle up to jazz your table this ramadan with this beautiful tasty china grass fruit cake.
[Soak the china grass with the corresponding amont of water for each layer]
First layer :
- 1 cup lychee juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 grams china grass (or 1/2 pack of china grass)
- Fruits ( mango, pineapple, kiwi, strawberry, blueberry | any fruit of your choice)
Second layer :
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 grams of china grass ( 1/4 of the pack)
Third layer :
- Pineapple jelly powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 gram china grass (1/4 of the pack)
- Make the 1st layer: In a pan boil, china grass soaked in water, lychee juice and sugar. keep mixing till the china grass dissolves
- In a cake pan, add a little of the mixture on to the pan, scatter the fruits, and then add the remaining mixture.
- Make the 2nd layer: Boil china grass soaked in water with coconut milk and salt. keep mixing till the china grass dissolves.
- Add it on top of the first layer slowly.
- Make the 3rd layer: Boil china grass soaked in water, keep mixing till it dissolves completely.
- Make Jelly according to the package instructions, then add the boiled water and china grass mixture.
- Add this on top of the 2nd layer and keep it in the fridge to cool. Once it sets, transfer to a place and serve chilled!
Note: Make sure to add the second layer before the first layer gets fully hard, else the layers will separate and will not stick together. Same goes with the 3rd layer. Scrape the sides before you flip it upside down.