Seviyan payasam is a special kheer made for Ramadan. This is an easy-to-make dessert recipe that you can prepare at home. This dessert recipe is made of milk, condensed milk, vermicelli or seviyan, ghee, sugar and dry fruits. It’s a quick sweet dish recipe that can be made in just 20-minutes.
- Vermicelli – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 and 1/2 cup
- Dry fruits – 1/4th of bowl
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Condensed Milk – 4 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tbsp
- Cardomom powder – 1/4 tbsp
1. Heat a pan in low flame. Once heated add 4 tbsp of ghee. Once the ghee gets heated add chopped dry fruits and roast it.
2. Measure 1 cup vermicelli and add to the same pan. Roast vermicelli in low flame till slightly golden.
4. Add 1 and 1/2 Cup milk and cook it until it becomes soft and slightly mushy, it may take 8-10 minutes.
5. At this stage add 4 tbsp of condensed milk, 4 tbsp of sugar, 1/4 tbsp of salt and 1/4 tbsp cardomom powder. Mix well.
6. Finally add reserved 1 cup milk slowly and let be in simmer.
7. Now allow it to boil for 6-8 Min.
8. Swich off the flame and serve hot seviyan payasam on your iftar time.