This Delicious Chicken puff pastry recipe is easy to make and works best for ramazan because it is baked and you can work on other things while the puff pastry is baking.
We use frozen vegetables in this recipe and here’s why.
Frozen vegatables are usually snap frozen very soon after they are picked. The nutrients are ‘frozen in’ during this process, meaning you can quite easily have more vitamins in a frozen vegetable than in its ‘fresh’ counterpart. Unlike canned vegetables, frozen veggies do not contain preservatives. There is more to frozen veggies than just vitamins, Using frozen vegetables reduces cook time, since they are soft. You can dice your fresh vegetables and freeze them in an airtight bag, instead of having piles of limp and discoloured veggies in your fridge by the end of the week. Especially during this pandemic, its better to stock up and not go out for grocery shopping every week.
Make these in different shapes each time and enjoy!
- 12 Puff pastry sheets
- 250g Chicken breast
- 350 g frozen mixed diced vegetables (corn,carrot,beans)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp black seed
- In a pan, add oil and toss in the chopped onion and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add diced chicken breast and when the chicken is almost cooked, add in the frozen mixed vegetables.
- Add tomato paste, salt, pepper and oregano, mix them well.
- Once its cooked fully, put off the flame and let it cool.
- Fill the pastry sheets with the filling and fold it in desired shape, brush with egg yolk for beautiful color and sprinkle with black seeds.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 200°c for 20-25 minutes.
Delicous chicken puff pastries ready!