Chicken chatti pathiri is very famous in North Malabar usually prepared during the Ramadan season. Kerala style chicken pathiri is a layered all purpose flour dosa with shredded chicken that is cooked in a pan until little crispy.
- 350 grams Chicken , minced
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 inch Ginger , chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 Onion , sliced
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoons Red Chilli Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 5 tbsp Oil , for cooking
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- Salt , to taste
- First heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add oil, once the oil gets heated add curry leaves and allow it splutter. Add ginger & garlic paste and saute for few seconds. Now add green chilly and saute for few more seconds.
- Add sliced onions and fry them till they turn translucent. At this point you can add minced chicken along with all the spice powders – turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder, salt and combine well. Saute well till the chicken is cooked. Keep it aside.
- To make the pathiri batter, in a mixing bowl, combine all purpose flour with enough water and salt to make a smooth batter. Make medium size dosas. While making dosas dont cook both the sides, cook each dosas for 30 seconds. Repeat the same process till you finish the batter, to make enough crepes for layering.
- Now for layering take 4 eggs beated to dip the dosas.
- Grease the saucepan with oil and place over low heat. Place the egg dipped dosa in the pan and spread chicken filling evenly over the dosa. Dip the second dosa in the egg and place over the chicken filling. Repeat the layering for 4 dosas. The top layer should be covered with dosa. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 5 – 10 min.
- Now carefully flip it over and roast it on the other side(gently place the top part on the pan). Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 5 – 10 min. Turn off the flame.
- Now its ready to serve this hot Kerala style chicken chatti pathiri to enjoy your Iftar time.