Start making yummy fruit custard and taste it as your favourite.
Custard is a creamy, delicious & lovely flavorful fruit salad which can be made with custard powder sauce & mixed fruits. Chilled fruit custard makes its presence in most special meals and parties as like an INDIAN DESSERTS – Gulab Jamun, Rasmalai and Carrot Halwa.
Fruit custard is basically made by mixing fruits with custard sauce. This delicious dessert is also known as fruit salad with custard. Some dry fruits and nuts can also be added to this fruit custard recipe.
Fruit Custard recipe – easy recipe of delicious custard made with mixed fruits and custard powder.
- 2 cups milk(dairy milk, almond milk)
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 apple – large
- 1/2 pomegranate – medium sized
- 1 banana – medium-sized
- 3 Strawberry – large
- Grapes and Orange(optional)
How to make the custard:
- Heat 2 cups milk in a thick bottomed pan or saucepan. Bring the milk to a gentle heat or simmer & add 4 tablespoons of sugar and stir until it dissolved.
- While the milk is getting heated, in a small bowl, take 3 tbsp warm milk or milk at room temperature. Add 2 tbsp custard powder to 3 tbsp warm milk and stir it. Stir well with a whisk to make a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Keep the flame on a low and then add the custard paste in parts. Quickly keep on stirring often while the custard is cooking, so that lumps are not formed. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes on a low flame. The mixture will thicken slowly. For a thicker custard, cook for a few more minutes.
- Allow the custard to cool at room temperature. Also keep in mind, that as the custard cools, it will thicken more. You can also keep the custard in fridge to chill it before adding the fruits.
- Peal and Chop the fruits to bite size. Once the custard has cooled, add the mixed fruits, add some dry fruits and nuts for extra taste. Serve fruit custard immediately.
- 1. You can add any fruits of your preference.
- 2. You can drizzle chocolate sauce on top to give it an additional flavouring.