The changing of winter to spring has invariably been my favourite time of the year. It’s the perfect climate to spend some pleasant time with your family and friends. chicken fajita wrap is something everyone likes irrespective of the age. It’s the best dish to carry while travelling, for a picnic or to have by the beach.
Loaded with protein, vitamins and healthy fats, it can be enjoyed at any time of the day. May it be breakfast,brunch, lunch or dinner. I packed these delicious chicken fajita wraps for my dad and his friends while they were on a trip with almost 25 people on a bus. It got quite popular and request for the recipe started gushing forth. What better way to put it down here for everyone to savour.
Makes: 8 Triangled chicken fajita wraps
Prep time: 25 – 30 minutes
- 500g Chicken breast (bite-size cubes)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 large white Onion
- 2 teaspoon Paprika powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Full Lemon juice
- 15 Romanian lettuce leaves (chopped)
- 1 Avacado
- Tortilla/ pita bread (cut into half)
- slice cheese
- Butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- In a pan, add olive oil, once heated toss in chicken breast, onion and bell pepper.
- Add and mix paprika, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and lemon juice.
- Let the chicken cubes get tender, saute in between to avoid burning (10- 15 minutes)
- In a bowl, mix lettuce avocado and the prepared chicken mixture. Mix the dressing ingredients and add them into the same bowl.
- Place a cheese slice followed by the chicken fajita mix onto the tortilla and fold into triangles.
- Heat a pan with butter and roast both the sides until crisp.